When you’re logged into WordPress you’ll see the Admin Bar at the top, whether you’re in the administrative menus or on the site itself:
The Admin Bar is a very handy tool. From it you can:
- get WordPress help and documentation
- jump directly to your Dashboard, Themes, Widgets, or the Menu editor
- update WordPress, plugins, and themes
- add posts, pages, and custom content types
- edit the current post, page, or custom content
This can make managing the site much more seamless, reducing the need to visit an administrator’s page that’s separate from the site itself.